Explore my world of science fact, science fiction, fantasy and whatever else I've dug up along the road of life.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Welcome to my Science Friction Blog

Welcome to my blog! Share my experiences as a long time fan of science fiction, science writer for a daily newspaper, former member of the public relations staff at Bell Labs headquarters in New Jersey, telecommunications journalist in Washington, D.C. and as a long time avocational archaeologist (first dig in 1963). I'm entitling this blog "Explorer Bill's Science Friction," because my life has been a journey through space and time, and the past and future. I've been interested in science and science fiction since my grade school years. Along the way I met and interviewed Gene Roddenberry, Buzz Aldrin, and Arthur C. Clarke. I've attended scores of science fiction conventions. We SF lifers and insiders do not call it "Sci Fi." We call it "SF." I was there when someone told Issac Asimov to "shut up" and he did! Yes, that really happened!

And Star Trek fans, I will tell you about real tribbles, which are not what you might think. I conventiently live in Columbus, Ohio where we have a built-in annual SF convention to go to that we call "Marcon." You will learn that Europeans reached middle America before Columbus and I'll tell you where they resided in America. Go visit my web site "America's Mysterious Furnaces." Not everyone from my hometown of Chillicothe, Ohio in Ross County is inspired to become an avocational archaeologist and professional science writer, but I was. Ross was once dotted with 500 burial mounds of the ancient Adena and Hopewell Indians. When I was a boy, we were free to run up and down a mound in our neighborhood (now protected by a fence).

For many years, I've had two web sites online. My work as an avocational archaeologist, science writer and web site designer is on display in "America's Mysterious Furnaces," first posted to the web in 1997. Also my work as a science writer and science philosopher is on display in "New Analysis of Time." Check these out!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Nice introduction Bill!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Author of "Iron Age America," a book about the presence of Europeans in North before Columbus "discovered" it. Native of Chillicothe,Ohio. Former newspaper reporter, science columnist, member of the public relations staff of Bell Labs headquaters in New Jersey,and editor of a Washington, D.C. weekly satellite telecommunications newsletter. My profile photo was cropped out of a larger photo that shows me with Stonehenge in the background. I spent a week in England in April 2006 and had a wonderful time there.